THIS IS MY VIRTUAL LIVING ROOM. COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO. THE BAR IS OVER IN THE CORNER -- HELP YOURSELF, BUT MIND YOUR MANNERS.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Tardy Birds

For the few of my readers (like Amba and Raven) who have been waiting for the warbler parade, I have an amusing confession.

Last week I posted about the arrival of the Northern Parula. I reported it because Sunday, while I was watching the PGA play golf from Louisiana, I heard the Parula outside my den. I heard it repeatedly throughout the afternoon.

Well, er....I heard no more Parulas during the entire week (and nothing of any other warbler, either).

This causes me to believe that the Parula I heard was from the TELEVISION, on the golf course in Louisiana. I checked the Parula migratory paths, and sure enough, they pass through there on their way up the Mississippi to Minnesota and Canada. Also, even if this bird had arrived early, he would not have been so completely alone, and others would have followed within a day or so.

I checked my logs, and out of the past seven years, the first arrivals have been May 8th or later in four of them. So I expect to have my friends arrive this week, and will be posting pictures and info as they appear.

Heh heh. How embarrassing is that!?


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?