THIS IS MY VIRTUAL LIVING ROOM. COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO. THE BAR IS OVER IN THE CORNER -- HELP YOURSELF, BUT MIND YOUR MANNERS.

Friday, May 06, 2005

Sue Thy Neighbor

Boston Globe columnist Steve Bailey highlights another of the myriad of examples why I am hesitant sometimes to identify myself as an attorney. Here's a "high-powered Harvard law professor" and two other Harvard poobahs (one of them a rabbi) who sued to prevent a childrens' art studio from opening in their Cambridge neighborhood.

"Bebchuk and his fellow whiners say they are all for an arts center -- just not in their backyard. Said Bebchuk at a hearing three years ago: 'I come to express my position with some difficulty because I do think it's a great project for Cambridge. And if it were to be on Garfield Street maybe I would be here today speaking like some of the other people who wrote letters of support.' Garfield is one street over from Bebchuk's neat gray-and-white Sacramento Street home, which Harvard was kind enough to sell him a few years back."

Some difficulty is right.

Further proof that even smart people can be perfect idiots.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?