THIS IS MY VIRTUAL LIVING ROOM. COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO. THE BAR IS OVER IN THE CORNER -- HELP YOURSELF, BUT MIND YOUR MANNERS.

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Air Guitar Championships?

My friend Jonathan at Modern American discovered an event that demonstrates truly that art takes all forms.

As an avid and accomplished (amateur) blues guitarist (with an actual, real guitar!), and one who has, admittedly, played air guitar in my sordid past (remember Johnny Winter's lead in his original "Rock n' Roll Hoochie Koo"?), I find the existence of an Air Guitar Championship...well, hilarious.

My first reaction was "oh, come on," but when I perused the photos on the site, I realized that some of these people are more capable of extreme acrobatic activity than I am. Therefore, to the extent that this can be considered a sport, I support its popular explosion.

But, like The Berklee School's development of an actual course in hip hop "turntablism," if this becomes "recognized" as a form of music art, then I'm convinced that I am officially an "old fogey."


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?